Know the Ins and Outs
Sign up to our mailing list to get important news about events
Whatʼs involved helping at Holiday Bible Week?
Holiday Bible Week would not be possible without your help. Whether you have helped out at every HBW or you are interested in volunteering for the first time, we would love to have you with us this year!
- Working alongside children in arts and crafts and outdoor games.
- Maintaining the safety and happiness of the children throughout the week
- Being with the children and sharing the gospel with them.
- Sitting with them in main tent time
- Talking and Listening to the Kids
- Oh and how could we not mention, toilet runs!
Other Benefits of helping:
- Meeting with other Christians from the surrounding area and joining in fellowship
- Worshipping and Hearing the Gospel
- Seeing Childrenʼsʼ lives change
- Building a stronger relationship with Christ
- Growing in confidence working in teams and in group prayer
- If you have children that would like to attend too, they can be pre registered at the same time as you sign up to help.
- Creche available to helpers.
Holiday Bible Week is a community effort put together by members of churches all over Bishop's Stortford, Thorley and further afield. There's a central committee with members from these churches that meet regularly to plan and organise everything that is needed for each years event.
As a community of churches together we invest heavily financially, in time and in effort to enable the 500+ children to take part in a wide variety of activities - all centred around Jesus Christ and the Bible. We have now run the event for more than 30 years.
- To build up relationships between the churches and the local community.
- To bring children into a caring and loving environment where they are valued and relationships matter.
- To present Christian teaching in a relevant way through the activities, and to reflect it in team relationships.
- To encourage the development of social skills and moral values.
- To introduce children to Jesus and the church.
- To provide interesting, stimulating and creative activities outside of the school environment.
- To offer the opportunity to develop new skills and discover new interests.
- To let children discover positive ways of having fun.
- To enable people from churches to work together and display true Christian unity.
- All Saints Church of England
- Bishop’s Stortford Baptist Church
- Bishop's Stortford Christian Assembly
- Bishop's Stortford Methodist Church
- Bishops Stortford Vineyard Church
- Community Church Bishop's Stortford
- Havers Community Church
- The Hub Church
- Holy Trinity Bishop's Stortford
- The Salvation Army, Bishop's Stortford
- Sawbridgeworth Evangelical Congregational Church
- St James The Great, Thorley
- St Joseph’s & The English Martyrs Bishop's Stortford
- St Michael’s Church
- Water Lane United Reformed Church
If you aren't currently a member of a church or are looking for somewhere new, please visit any of the above list. There's something for everyone and they'd all happily welcome you.
If you're looking for more? Find out what we do the rest of the year for young adults and childrenFind out more